What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

March 08, 2006

Why Tessa should stay

To be honest, I'm bored now. No-one's yet told me what Tessa Jowell has done wrong. (Beyond a greater degree of credulity about her personal finances than is prudent for her own good. And which is her own business.)

I don't care that she and her husband are richer than Croesus. And I don't care much for Dave Spart columnists parading their class consciousness in articles which will earn them more in an hour than a cleaner takes home in a month.

Tessa is one of the few (and getting fewer) Labour ministers who can conduct an interview without making me wanting to scream at the telly or radio. For that alone she deserves a reprieve.

Well, for that, and for not being Patricia Hewitt.

1 comment:

David Morton said...

I kind of agree really. I should never really forgive her for that shot of her leaning over a casio table or the gambling Act. However its still less than clear to me what she is supposed to have done wrong other than be stupid. And if you are stupid with your partner then its no ones business other than your own. It all seems to be a attempt to prove that if you throw enough bad publicity onto someone then you bring them down. and for once the PM has decided who sits in cabinet not the Daily mail. Two Cheers