What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

August 04, 2006

Hasta luego

I'm off in search of sun, sea and other such sibilant stuff. To fill the void of my absence I've uploaded a new poll onto m'other site, www.stephentall.org.uk, inspired by last night's rather splendid episode of Armando Iannucci's Time Trumpet on BBC2. (If you missed it, make sure you watch the 'Copycat Cameron' clip here. Fantastic stuff.)

Quite simply - what do you consider the best modern satire? Your options, randomly selected by me, are:

  • That Was The Week That Was
  • Brass Eye
  • Have I Got News For You
  • Private Eye
  • This Is Spinal Tap
  • The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
  • Bremner, Bird & Fortune
  • The Onion
Or you can bung your alternatives in the Comments box, below.

Here's the result of my last poll, by the way... Q: John Prescott's personal and professional life has been dominating the headlines again. What's your view of our Deputy Prime Minister?
  • 56% of you consider John Prescott to be a 'fool';
  • 26% are harsher, and view him as a 'knave';
  • while 18% of you are absolutely barking, and voted him your 'fave'. (There are people out there who are trained to help you.)

No comments: