What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

September 19, 2006

Still media tarting

If you just can't get enough of my thoughts, there's a few gobbets of mine over at Guardian Unlimited - reflecting, with other Lib Dems, on today's events.

I'm also due on Sky News tonight (some time after 8pm, I think). And if anyone wants an insight into the absence of control-freakery in the Lib Dems, I proffer this example.

When the party press office called me to ask if I would be free, I enquired what issues Sky would be asking about. (If anyone wants details about Vehicle Excise Duties, I'm not your guy. I embraced the principles of the Tax Commission. I haven't memorised its details.)

I was told they wanted someone to provide general impressions, and who wasn't 'official'. "So it's up to you what you say to them. We're certainly not giving you a line." And she didn't.

1 comment:

Edis said...

There is a Bateman cartoon in this somewhere...