What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

December 10, 2006

Going for cold

Today’s Indy notes the recent upsurge in outdoor ice-rinks in major towns and cities:
Although the first rink with artificially frozen ice, the Glaciarium, was opened in London in 1876 it is only in the past 10 years that temporary ice rinks have become part of Britain's winter landscape and a new pastime for many families eager to keep their youngsters amused during the long, dark winter months of November to January.
Well, Oxfords version certainly kept me amused for an hour t’other night. Though I suspect my carbon footprint may have expanded as a result.

I was very fortunate friends pictured me at the one moment in the session when I managed to look semi-poised.


3 comments:

Richard Gadsden said...

Are you sure that's you and not Captain Jack?

Liberal Neil said...

You mean you hadn't noticed until now that the two of them are never seen at the same time?

Out From Under said...

How will your carbon footprint have increased? They used energy to freeze the ice whether or not you went on it.