What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

February 23, 2007

Stockton on TVs

On this day, in 1959, so the BBC informs me, prime minister Harold Macmillan and Soviet premier Nikita Kruschev ‘spoke of "cultural matters of interest between the two countries" and ways to encourage the exchange of literature, film and study.’ Which was, I’m sure, all terribly useful.

It does at least segue me into this week’s too-lazy-to-write-anything-proper YouTube clip: Peter Cook being interviewed as the Earl of Stockton (as Supermac was later ennobled) by John Bird for a 1986 edition of Saturday Night Live.

It’s followed by a performance from Twisted Sister (if that’s your thing).

1 comment:

Nathaniel Tapley said...

I'd forgotten what a tight rhythm section Twisted Sister had. And trousers, of course.


Very tight trousers.