What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

July 20, 2007

What do I make of yesterday’s by-elections?

Well, you’re spoiled for choice, as you can read one assessment over at Lib Dem Voice, and a second assessment over at The Guardian’s Comment Is Free blog (under a title not of my choosing).

I might also point you to the predictions I made last Wednesday. Looking at what I wrote, I think it’s fair to conclude:
  • Labour will be relieved, but not ecstatic;
  • The Lib Dems will be satisfied, but not ecstatic; and
  • The Tories will be dejected, and with good reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More spinning from the Lib Dems,how on earth could they be satisfied by any stretch of the imagination.
A net gain of 2 seats at the 2006 locals,a loss of 300 seats at the 2007 locals and now they can't even win a by-election!

Simon