1. I have a double-barrelled surname (the only one in my family born with it - figure that out). I never use it.
2. The first album I bought was Kylie's first eponymous one.
3. I had attended five schools by the age 8. In Epsom, Bristol, Cardiff, and Liverpool.
4. In my first live TV apearance a lady fainted: http://www.youtube.com/wat
5. My favourite film of all time is Love Actually, actually. I've watched it more times than is healthy.
6. My video collection treasures include Bob Monkhouse Live (x3), a 3-hour compilation of party political broadcasts (thanks Iain Dale), and The Box of Delights.
7. I had never set foot in the Oxford city council ward I was to represent for eight years until 2 months before I first stood for election.
8. I can't drive (well I guess I might be able to, but I've never had a lesson and haven't got a licence). I have, however, bought a car and sat-nav.
9. I had never been on a plane or been abroad until I was 23. (I've made up for it since).
10. I would be happy only ever dressing in frock coats. Preferably made of velvet.
11. My greatest embarrassment is that I have tried and failed to learn Spanish for the past three years (despite my girlfriend being Spanish).
12. I am currently reading four books: Miss Smilla's Feeling for Snow by Peter Hoeg, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, The Ladies of Grace Adieu by Susanna Clarke, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
13. From the age of 8 (til I was about 11) I wrote and designed my own daily newspaper, The World. I was a weird kid, tho - my favourite TV programme was Yes, Prime Minister.
14. I was the youngest deputy Lord Mayor of Oxford (probably, haven't actually checked, but I must've been).
15. I once stripped for a vlog: http://www.youtube.com/wat
16. Though I enjoy editing Lib Dem Voice - www.libdemvoice.org - I much preferred writing my own blog, A Liberal Goes A Long Way - http://oxfordliberal.blogs
17. The last three DVDs I bought were: the Complete Cadfael, Complete Skins and Victoria Wood Live (1997).
18. I was once a Fellow of an Oxford college, but have never been an academic.
19. I have always had a phobia of dogs (tho I'm more or less okay around them now).
20. My ideal meal would be roast beef with all the trimmings, washed down with a bottle of Pouilly-Fuissé.
21. The last batch of CDs I bought were: The Killers, Pink, Will Young, Kaiser Chiefs, The Streets and Girld Aloud. Make of that what you will.
22. My perfect relaxation is a bath, glass of champagne, and the latest Economist.
23. I joined the Labour party, aged 16, have read all Tony Benn's Diaries, and voted for Tony Blair as leader. I resigned my membership in 1999 after Labour flunked Freedom of Information, reckoning if they couldn't get it right on such a minority-interest issue what hope was there of them getting it right on the big issues?
24. I got my first ever pet last month (thank you, Noa): a terrapin.
25. I hope that my first child will be an adoption.