What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

September 19, 2006

Sticking it to us on paper

As David Penhaligon famously said: "If you have something to say, write it on a piece of paper and stick it through a letterbox."

Well, the Brighton Centre doesn't do letterboxes. But it does have queues stetching round the block, as Lib Dem members patiently await lengthy security checks. (Who knows what terrorist devices might be concealed within our organic, wheat-free, vegetarian packed lunches?)

And into our clammy palms are pressed all manner of fliers, leaflets, and magazines. The Tax Commision supporters have (I'm glad to say) been out in force throughout conference getting their message out. Here's just a couple of the ones I picked up today.

And, with that, I'm signing out. The debate is calling me... I can hear applause, I can hear laughter... but which side is clapping hardest, smiling loudest? We'll know in 90 minutes' time.

No comments: