What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

September 16, 2006

What no queues?

So far, so good. Despite all the warnings that my first taste of a Lib Dem conference would be an interminable queue to register I was in and out within 10 minutes.

(In fact the only reason it took even that long was that Royal Mail failed to deliver half the conference packs to delegates, and I was one of the victims – the party (understandably) wanted to make a note of whose hasn’t arrived so they can bill Royal Mail.
More grist to my mill.)

What’s more I’ve managed to blag myself into the Brighton Centre early – one advantage of being a blogger with credentials – to post this quick entry.

Conference revs up a gear tomorrow. Not only am I awaiting a call from Vince Cable - who’s offered to phone me and a few others to talk us through the Tax Commission proposals (I think he’d be wiser spending the time having a 1-to-1 with Evan Harris) - but the first fringe meetings get under way, and then there’s the party’s ‘Green Tax Switch’ rally in the evening. (In the Oxford Suite, appropriately enough.)


Wishing you were here...

No comments: