What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

October 06, 2006

Killers me softly

Like Mr Cameron, I’m a big fan of The Killers, so I’ve been listening tonight to their latest album, Sam’s Town. (Brilliant, btw, and thanks for asking.)

No idea what made me think of Dave and the Tories... It might have been the song, Read my mind (“Coz I don't shine if you don't shine / Before you go / Tell me what you find when you read my mind”).

Or it may have been When you were young:
You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness

Watch it now

Here he comes

He doesn’t look a thing like Jesus

But he talks like a gentleman

Like you imagined
When you were young

Can we climb this mountain
I don’t know
Higher now than ever before.
Or how about going back an album (Hot Fuss), and Smile like you mean it:
Save some face, you know you've only got one
Change your ways while you're young
Boy, one day you'll be a man

Oh girl, he'll help you understand

Smile like you mean it

Smile like you mean it
[Enough tenuous song lyric links. - Ed]

No comments: