What I wrote at Lib Dem Voice

December 14, 2006

NEW POLL: sexiest female and male Lib Dems

Y’see it’s like this… Originally, I was going to upload a festive poll asking, ‘Who has been your politician of the year?’ But then I thought some more, and decided that was just too drearily worthy.

So I tried to think of something Lib Dem-themed, and not tedious. (Tory/Labour-readers: insert your own punch-line here.) This is what I came up with…

Two polls to find out who you think is the sexiest female Lib Dem, and who is the sexiest male Lib Dem. (See the right-hand menu.)

My short-list selection criteria were pretty arbitrary and utterly surface. Those whom I have ungraciously overlooked this year have 12 months in which to make themselves appear more attractive. These two might help.

Vote early, vote once, vote honest. (Sorry it’s not being run under STV.) And, please remember, it’s just a bit of fun…

(Click on the name to see a picture if - shame on you - you’ve no idea what they look like.)

Who do you think is the sexiest female Lib Dem?
Who do you think is the sexiest male Lib Dem?
  • Ben Abbotts - near-victor in the former safe Tory seat of Bromley. He may never live this photo down, though.
  • Lord Ashdown of Norton-sub-Hamdon - former party leader, former marine - still an action man.
  • Jeremy Browne MP - the victor of Taunton, and No 2 in the foreign affairs team.
  • Sir Menzies Campbell MP - party leader and pin-striped radical... but is he a pin-up?
  • Nick Clegg MP - shadow Home Secretary, “next leader”, and housewives’ favourite.
  • Nicol Stephen MSP - deputy First Minister of Scotland; formerly the youngest councillor in Scotland.
  • Matthew Taylor MP - former Shdow Chancellor, he remained the youngest MP for a decade, between 1987 and 1997.
  • John Thurso MP - first hereditary peer to sit in the Commons without first renouncing his title. Champion moustache-wearer.
  • Stephen Williams MP - third time lucky in Bristol West, he is now further and higher education spokesman.
PS: if anyone knows how I can get the polls 'aligned right' in the blogger template, please ping me an e-mail.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeremy Browne

Mark Valladares said...

I have a nasty feeling that I'm showing my age here, but I don't care...

Anonymous said...

Surely it has to be Toby Philpott, the PPC for Folkestone & Hythe? www.tobyphilpott.org.uk

Mark Valladares said...

although not actually explaining that I voted for Ros Scott is a clearer sign, perhaps...

Anonymous said...

I think Stephen should win it... especially after revealing all in his vid cam ;)

Glass House said...

I'm torn between Julia Goldsworthy and Kirsty Williams.

Duncan Borrowman said...

My wife and I OBVIOUSLY!

Anonymous said...

Only allowed to vote for humans I see. Typical bias, grrrrrrrrr.

Will said...

As usual it's the high concept posts that get the most comments ;-)

Anonymous said...

Indeed, Will. This article alone has been viewed over 400 times since I posted it 12 hours ago...

Anonymous said...

Of course the really hot male Lib Dem male, Stephen Tall, is missing. Well, I guess I'll have to settle for the second best. But he (David Laws) isn't there, either. So I'll have to go for the third best. :-(

Anonymous said...

Why should Ben Abbotts have to live that photo down? I think just getting it published was worth more than a few votes for him.

Is it true that he was unhappy at the first photographs and insisted they repeated them all?

Anonymous said...

Ursula Andress was the original Bond Girl. She supports the UKIP.

Anonymous said...

Is she even a UK citizen?

Anonymous said...

No I am

Stephen Tall said...

Quite right, David. I've amended the tag.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't voted. I got distracted at the comment about being "torn between Julia Goldsworthy and Kirsty Williams" and quite lost my concentration.

Peter Black said...

Kirsty is going to be so pissed at this poll :-)

Onlinefocus Team said...

I have to be with Mark V on this one. It's Ros Scott !

Nich Starling said...

Lembit will get jealous of Ben Abbot if he sees that picture.

Anonymous said...

So why can't I vote for hot lib bod Stephen Tall - c'mon.....you'll win big!

and where's that caledonian hunk Jeremy PURVis?! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

STEPHEN !!! --- STEPHEN !!! --- STEPHEN !!! --- STEPHEN !!! --- STEPHEN !!!

WE WANT STEPHEN TALL HOT BOD OF OXFORD!

Anonymous said...

Clealry I am not alone in wanting to vote for 'hot bod' Stephen Tall too - that makes three votes so far!